Frequently Asked Questions


 What is the population of Caldwell?

7,584 as of the 2000 census.

 How can I get information on Borough Code?

Caldwell Online now offers the current Borough Code online. To access this fully search-able service 24/7 click here.

 How do I obtain a passport?

Representatives from the Essex County Clerk's Office have established a satellite office at the Caldwell Community Center All Purpose Room at One Provost Square, Caldwell, on the second Wednesday of every month from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.   For detailed information, please call (973) 621-4920.

 I want to join the pool. How can I do this?

As West Caldwell owns and operates both outdoor swimming pools, it is necessary to contact them at 973 226-2300 and speak with the appropriate department representatives.

Caldwell owns and operates a fully equipped year round indoor pool and fitness facility. Membership applications may be obtained by calling 973 228-POOL (7665), or by stopping by our facility at 1 Provost Square in Caldwell. The front desk attendant will be happy to help you.

 My recycling was not collected even though I had placed it curbside in the proper container. What can I do?

Call the Recycling Hotline - (973) 403-4635.

 How do I dispose of a rug, couch, or other furniture?

Borough of Caldwell Bulk Collection is the 3rd Wednesday of every month. View the Recycling Section for further details. 

 How do I dispose of an any appliance that contains a chemical refrigerant?

Appliances with chemical refrigerant require special handling and disposal. In order to dispose of them, three recycling stickers must be purchased from Borough Hall (either by mail or in person), affixed to the item, and arrangements made with Public Works Department for curbside collection. The total cost for recycling stickers for these items is $30 per item.

 How do I schedule a smoke detector inspection?

Contact Mark Guiliano at 973-403-4629.  There is a fee for this service.

 What cable company provides service to Caldwell?

Comcast - (973) 736-7400 or Verizon: 800-427-9977.

 What is Caldwell's State Legislative District & who are my representatives in Trenton?

Caldwell is part of the 27st Legislative District. Our representatives are:

  • Governor Phil Murphy(D)
  • Senator Richard J Codey
    449 Mt Pleasant Ave, W.Orange, NJ 07052 / 973-731-6770
  • Assemblywoman Mila M. Jasey
    15 Village Plaza, Suite 1B, S. Orange, NJ 07079 / 973-762-1886
  • Assemblyman John McKeon
    4 Sloan St., S. Orange, NJ 07079 / 973-275-1113